Wednesday, April 20, 2011

I wished


I closed my eyes and wished…
I wished you were the perfect man…
And for a while my wish came true,
I wished that I would feel love in your touch…see it in your eyes,
I wished that my soul and yours walked side by side…
I wished that when you held me close I’d never worry…
I wished that you’d make me laugh and you’d never see me cry…
I wished for your comfort,
I wished that every moment you were next to me would last forever,
I wished that my connection and yours was a special unbroken bond…
I wished that when I woke up you’d be watching me waiting to make me smile,
I wished that you would hold my heart and guard it with your last breath,
I wished for a perfect man…my perfect man…
But alas, it was but wishful thinking…
The perfect man I wished…he wished me away…
:’-(

1 comment:

  1. 'I wished that my soul and yours walked side by side…'
    Brilliant piece.

    ReplyDelete